AVOCADO AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
Recipe Type: Lunch Dinner
- 8 oz dried black beans
- 1 red (Spanish) onion, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz fresh coriander, roughly chopped (cilantro)
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and copped
- 4 ¾ rocket leaves separated
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped or dried red chili
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Soak the beans in cold water overnight. Rinse; drain. Place the beans into a large heavy-based pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 ½ hours, or until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Place the beans, onion, tomatoes, pepper, coriander, avocado, mango and rocket into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- To make Dressing: Place all ingredients in a blow, whisk, pour over the salad and toss.