Recipe Type: Salad
- 4 medium red or golden beets (4 ounces each), stems and root ends removed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (you can make them sweetened by adding maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon. Mix the walnuts in this batter and toast them in the oven).
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra version olive oil
- 1 cup of arugula
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap each beet in foil.
- Let the beets cook in the oven for about an hour or until tender.
- Cool slightly; remove foil.
- Remove skin and cut the beets into square pieces.
- Toss with nuts, vinegar, and arugula.
- Season with Himalayan salt and pepper.
- Add oil and toss