Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Red Pepper
Recipe Type: Dinner
- About 2 cups of Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- A 1/2 inch of Ginger (peeled)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil 1-2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper
- A Red Bell Pepper
- 2-4 tbs of Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
- First start off peeling and cubing the squash. Next, put your cubes and piece of ginger in an oven safe container with a lid . Add olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and toss until evenly covered. Place in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees
- Once done (or when you can easily stick a fork in it) set aside and roast the bell pepper. To roast the pepper, stick it over high heat and rotate until the skin has blackened. Then take off heat and put in a zip-up bag to rest.
- Take your baked squash and blend until smooth, take your red pepper and wash it under cold water and peel the skin off. Place the pepper in the blender and puree with the squash. Add water until desired thickness.
- Heat up (optional) and Enjoy!