Ham Salad NOT
- Vegetable Ingredients
- 1/2 large red bell pepper minced (remove seeds and stem)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. minced purple onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 carrot, peeled, ground into tiny pieces with S blade of the food processor
- 3/4 cup broccoli, chopped fine with the S blade of the food processor
- Spread Ingredients
- 2 cups walnuts soaked overnight, soak water discarded
- 3/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- 3 Tbsp.lemon juice (Meyers lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegenaise with Grapeseed Oil **
- 1-2 Tbsp. Woeber’s Dill Mustard or stone ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp. water, only if needed
- 1Tbsp. ground flax seeds or 1 Tbsp. Simply Herbs or Original NuPlus
- Place vegetable ingredients in a bowl.
- In food processor, add walnuts, dill weed, lemon juice, Vegenaise, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. water, if needed. Blend until creamy
- As walnut mixture blends, stop the processor several times to push down the mixture that has crept up the sides of the bowl using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour walnut mixture into the vegetable mixture. Stir well.
- Ensure the mixture can spread on sandwich bread without falling apart.
- To insure binding, add 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed or NuPlus and mix well.
- After you have made this once, preparation goes very quickly. Use as:
- Open-face sandwich on toasted Genesis 1:29 or other bread
- Grilled sandwich
- Healthy cracker spread
- Create your own ideas
** From Sprouts, Akins or Whole Foods or other health food market