Italian Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 16-ounce can chopped unsalted tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock or tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large frying pan and gently sauté onions and celery until lightly browned.
- Blanch or steam beans until tender (approx 10 min).
- Set aside.
- Add tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and parsley to sauce.
- Stir well and simmer sauce for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Season to taste.
- Add steamed beans to sauce and stir gently.
- Bring back to simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or baked potato & green salad (with 3 veggies) and a homemade dressing.