- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons non sweetened coconut milk (optional)
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and then drain well and transfer cauliflower to a food processor.
- You want to use the liquid you boiled the cauliflower in because it is full of nutrients so don’t throw it away.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and reserved water (and coconut milk), 1 tablespoon at a time, and purée until smooth. (Or, mash cauliflower with a potato masher).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.