Nutty Quinoa Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch Dinner
- 1 cup Quinoa (rinsed well and drained)
- 2 cups water
- 2 T. red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup geen pepper or sugar snap peas, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 T. cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice (Meyers lemons are best)
- 2 teaspoons fruit juice sweetened apricot jam or squirt of Sunny Dew (to taste)
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed (more if desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon kelp (optional)
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add Quinoa, quickly stir. Simmer 15-20 minutes over low heat. Be sure to check it so it is not overcooked. Toss Quinoa, vegetables and almonds together.
- Combine above ingredients and toss with salad ingredients. Serve with steamed carrots and broccoli florets, or serve over Romaine or mixed salad greens.
- Option: Add to salad ingredients: avocado chunks, sliced grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and dried cranberries w/o sugar or raisins. Enjoy!