RAW BANANA COCONUT CREAM PIE
Recipe Type: Power snack
- ½ cup almonds, soaked 4-5 hours, drain
- 7-8 very ripe large bananas
- 2 heaping T. almond butter (or more)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1/1/2 cups oats
- ½ cup currants (I used raisins and dates)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, process the bananas with almond butter, vanilla and coconut. Set aside all but ½ cup of this mixture.
- Crust: Mix the ½ cup banana mixture with the oats, almonds, currants, raisins, or dates and cinnamon. You may need to add more oats and/or almond butter until you find the right consistency and press into a pie pan for crust.
- Filling: Pour the reserved banana mixture into the crust. Top with coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil or in large zip lock bag so does not get freezer burn. As it begins to freeze, cut into small pieces for easier serving after fully frozen. YUMMY!