Salad in a Jar
Recipe Type: Power Snack
- 3-5 cups salad greens
- ½ cup chopped or shredded carrots
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons Healthy dressing of choice
- Pour salad dressing in bottom of wide mouth quart size canning jar. Place 1/3 of the salad greens in jar, packing tightly. Layer veggies in what ever order you like, adding greens once or twice more. Use whatever vegetables and greens you enjoy, and in the quantities you like.
- Take to work, pour contents in a bowl or on a plate and enjoy a ready to go salad. Will keep in fridge for up to a week. Dressing can be kept in a separate container for a longer, fresher refrigerator life.