Recipe Type: Power Snack
Serves: 3-4 CUPS
- 2-3 med sized fresh tomatoes (1 lb to 1 1/2 lb), stems removed, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers (stems, ribs, seeds removed), finely diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: oregano and or cumin to taste
- Start with chopping up 2 medium sized fresh tomatoes. Prepare the peppers. Set aside some of the seeds from the peppers. If the salsa isn’t hot enough, you can add a few for heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Taste. If it is too hot, add some more chopped tomato. If not hot enough, carefully add a few of the seeds from the peppers or add some ground cumin. Let sit for an hour for the flavors to combine.