Sweet Potato Casserole
Recipe Type: Dinner
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, baked or cooked until tender. Remove skin.
- 1/4 unsalted organic butter or mixture of butter and coconut butter
- 2 eggs or 2 T. Ground Flax Seed whipped in 6 T. water (a binder)
- 1 cup almond beverage
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup pure sorghum or raw honey + squirt of Sunrider Sunny Dew
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter and coconut butter mixed
- 1 cup spelt flour
- If too thick, add a small amount of almond beverage
- Beat potatoes, butters, eggs or egg sub, almond beverage and vanilla together until smooth (mixer or in food processor).
- Mix topping ingredients together and spread evenly across the casserole. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are firm.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or a green salad.
Great for Thanksgiving Dinner!